| 전국연합회 회장의 새해인사
New Year’s Greetings from the President of NNKUMw
| 한인여선교회 학당
한인여선교회전국연합회는 ‘한인여선교회 학당’을 시작한다.
사회적으로 차별받고 이름도 없던 한국여성들에게 ‘학당’은 기독교 정신아래 ‘운명’과 ‘한’과 ‘팔자’를 뛰어넘어 인간의 존엄성을 되찾고 미래에 대한 소망과 비전을 갖게 하였고, 신교육을 통해서 ‘새로운 일상(New Normal)’을 주도하여 한국사회에 소망을 주는 여성지도자들을 양성해 내었다. 그러한 여선교회의 정신을 이어받아 한인여선교회에서도 ‘학당’을 개설하여 포스트 코로나시대에 ‘새로운 일상(New Normal)’을 만들어 교회와 세상에 믿음과 소망과 사랑을 실천하는 평신도 지도자들을 양성하려고 한다. 한인여선교회 학당은 4월, 6월, 8월, 10월에 ZOOM으로 실시될 예정이다.
제 1회 한인여선교회 학당: ‘미국 청교도와 미국 원주민의 역사’
@ 강의 내용: 미국 정신의 기초가 되는 청교도 사상과 역사를 통해서 초기 미국 원주민의 어두운 역사를 알아본다. 그리고 미국 연합감리교회에서 추구하는 회개와 화해와 치유를 위한 미국 원주민 사역을 우리가 왜 참여해야 하는지를 생각해 본다.
@ 등록방법: 아래 신청서를 작성하고, 등록비 $20 을 Zelle Pay를 통해 firstname.lastname@example.org 로 할 수 있으며 수신자 이름은 ‘NNKUMW’ 이다. (우편으로 check를 보낼 수 있다. Pay to NNKUMW / Eunsoon Song, 2 Henlopen Ct, Newark, DE 19711)
@ ZOOM 주소: (ID) 84939495576 (Password) 2020-Umw
| 오클라호마 원주민 선교연회 어린이 구제사역
(한인여선교회 전국연합회에서는 오클라호마 원주민 선교연회에 속한 어린이들을 위한 사역 요청에 따라 1월 동안 각 연합회에서 어린이 모자, 장갑, 목도리, 손 세정제, 마스크 등을 모아 보내기로 했다. 다음 내용은 단체대화방에서의 전국연합회 임원들의 보고와 격려의 메시지 등을 모은 것이다. 편집부)
- 산타클라라 교회 여선교회 회원들 너무 수고 많으셨어요. 정말 자랑스럽습니다. 여러분들이 보여주신 따뜻한 마음이 추운 겨울을 지내야 하는 분들의 마음과 몸을 녹여주리라 믿습니다. - 이경신 장로
Oklahoma Indian Missionary Conference Children Ministry
(NNKUMw had decided to collect and send donations to the Oklahoma Indian Missionary Conference at their request of a ministry for children at their mission conference. Throughout the month of January, we collected children's hats, gloves, mufflers, hand sanitizers, and masks from each network. The following is a compilation of reports and messages of encouragement from the board members (from the Editorial team).
- Bethel Church in Cal-Nevada Conference KUMW Network sent children’s goods~ (Mickey Choi, President of Cal-Nevada Conference KUMW Network )
- Wow, there are lots of pretty hats, gloves, mufflers. The children would love them. Thank you. (MyungRae Lee, Executive Director of NNKUMw)
- The Lord is My Shepherd” Church in NewYork Conference sent hand-knitted hats, gloves, and mufflers along with hand sanitizers purchased through offerings. (Dorothy Kim, MNO of NNKUMw, NY)
- 400 socks, 20 hand sanitizers from Contracosta Church in Cal-Nevada Conference KUMW Network. (Mickey Choi, President of Cal-Nevada Conference KUMW Network )
- Thank you for the hard work. The children will be very happy in Oklahoma. (MyungRae Lee, Executive Director of NNKUMw)
- $2,000.00 offering for Oklahoma from Cal-Pacific Conference KUMw Network received today. Thank you. (Grace Song, Treasurer of NNKUMw)
- Hello, this is the N. Georgia Conference KUMw Network. We’ve sent 1,000 pairs of socks and 4,000 masks to the Oklahoma Native American children. (Kyung Ok Pi, President of N. Georgia Conference KUW Network)
- Wow!! A lot of hard work. N. Illinois Conference KUMw Network also shipped our package via UPS today. It is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. 135 mufflers, 348 socks, 114 gloves, 57 hats, 184 cloth masks, 12 disposable masks. Rosa V, our Spanish language coordinator also brought donations and helped make the mufflers. (Jung Ja Kim, President of N.Illinois Conference KUMW Network)
- It warms my heart to see this helping the Oklahoma Native American children project spread throughout the nation like wildfire. This warmth will surely be delivered to Oklahoma with love. (MyungRae Lee, Executive Director of NNKUMw)
- I'm so moved to hear all this good news one after another. Our executives are truly great in working together in one heart to do good work. The world tries to make us sink in fear, but God indeed raises up His daughters. Glory to God. (Kay S. Rhee, Spiritual Growth Coordinator of NNKUMw)
- Santa Clara Church in Northern California sends out huge items to Oklahoma children! (Mickey Choi, President of Cal-Nevada Conference KUMW Network )
- Thank you for your hard work, UMW members of Santa Clara Church. I'm so proud of you. I believe that the warm hearts you have shown will warm the hearts and bodies of those who have to spend the cold winter. (Kay S. Rhee, Spiritual Growth Coordinator of NNKUMw)
- Cal-Nevada Conference KUMw Network is amazing. Praise the Lord! (Ji-young Kim, President of New England Conference )
- UMW of Santa Clara Church! Wow! Seeing your hearts full of God’s love is so beautiful!!! (Ji-young Kim, President of New England Conference )
- Thanks to your warm hearts, it looks like we will have a warm winter. I realize that these loving hearts are from the Lord. All the executives and UMW members, let’s keep going! You're all amazing! (Eusook Ahn, Nomination Committee of NNKUMw)
- I'm so proud of our UMW members! (Hanhee Lee, Finance Committee Chairperson)
- The Delaware-Maryland Conference KUMw Network has sent the items to Oklahoma now. It’s a small token compared to Cal-Nevada's, but we did our best. Sent Items: 192 sets of hats/gloves/scarves, 50 hats, 110 gloves, 120 socks, 185 cotton masks, 50 disposable masks (Koung Mi Lim, President of Delaware-Maryland KUMW Network )
- Delaware-Maryland Conference KUMw Network! You’ve prepared it with such caring hearts! Sending you an applause! (Ji-young Kim, President of New England Conference)
- All the love and care from the networks are astounding. They’re the best. How proud and beautiful to see these caring hearts united together. If we are this happy, imagine how glad the Lord will be! I am sending my encouragement and appreciation to all of your precious hearts willing to share love in times of hardship. (Milan Choi, Praise and Body worship coordinator )
- All of your passions for missions are creating so much energy. I’m energized just hearing about them. Though little, Prospect UMC that I serve at, has sent a box of hand-knitted mufflers, gloves, and hats too. (Ohyeun Lee, Event Coordinator of NNKUMw)
오클라호마 원주민 선교연회 담당자의 감사 편지
NNKUMw와 모든 연회의 대단한 반응에 대해 매우 기쁘고 영광입니다! 기금 마련과 우리의 필요에 대한 인식을 높이기 위해 열심히 노력한 모든 지역 연합회의 큰 노력에 감사드립니다.
우리의 주소는 Oklahoma Indian Missionary Conference, 602 SW 35th Street, OKC OK 73109,
Rev. Donna Pewo
Thank You Letter from OKlahoma Indian Missionary Conference
Grateful and Blessed,
| 북조지아 연회 한인여선교회연합회
오클라호마 원주민 어린이 돕기
올해 초에 전국한인여선교회연합회 임원 회의를 하면서 김명래 총무님을 통해서 오클라호마 원주민 어린이들이 도움이 필요한 것을 알게 되었습니다. 작은 도움이라도 주기위해 선교바자회를 열고 교회에 알리니 많은 성도님이 동참해 주셨습니다.
We learned about Oklahoma Indian Children in need of masks, gloves, hats and socks from our Executive Director Myung Rae Kim on January 3rd via Zoom meeting this year. We quickly started Mission Bazaar by announcing at the church bulletin and Kakao that churches belong to the North Georgia Conference. We had a wonderful response. Atlanta Bethany UMC, Zion UMC, Nu Nan UMC, and Korean Church of Atlanta sisters joined and poured their love. We received 4,000 masks donated by a business owner. We ordered 1,000 children’s socks. Several sisters are gathered at KCA fellowship hall to take out small boxes and combined items to reduce the number of boxes. We took a total of 5 boxes to the post office. They were heavy, but it was worthwhile to spend Saturday morning experiencing a happy moment. NNKUMw is very precious to me, giving me the opportunity to do Mission work. When I imagine the smiling faces of children at the Oklahoma Indian Missionary Conference when they receive these socks. I thank God for leading my life to share and serve others. I feel so blessed.
| 북가주 연회 한인여선교회연합회
북가주 새해맞이 수련회
혼란과 변화의 해였던 2020년을 뒤로하고 하나님의 은혜 안에 새해를 맞이했습니다. 전과 같으면 함께 모여서 기쁨의 인사와 교제를 나누며 시작했을 수련회가 올해는 코비드 사태로 인하여 줌으로 모든 게 이루어졌습니다.
Cal- Nevada Conference KUMw New Year’s Retreat
The year of 2020—full of chaos and changes—has ended, and we have welcomed the new year within God’s love and grace. Normally we would have celebrated the new year altogether in-person; however, the retreat was held online due to COVID-19.
Pastor Youngrae Kim at Contra Costa KUMC gave a touching sermon titled “Forget the Former Things; Do not Dwell on the Past” (Isaiah 43:18-21) and said that though we may be going through a chaotic and tough period, a new age awaits those who believe in God. His sermon reminded that Cal-Nevada Conference KUMw shall expand God’s work believing in revival, accepting God’s grace, and blessing one another.
All of our hearts become one as we learned the history and future of the UMW and NNKUMw during the lecture by the guest speaker, Ms. Myung Rae Kim. Among those who have paved the way for missionary work were the women missionaries, who created the “New Normal,” and the members of the UMW have been following their footsteps. God also invites all of us at NNKUMw to join Him in His work.
The pandemic has brought many changes to NNKUMw as well. Thanks to God’s blessing and the work of the Holy Spirit, we were still able to be part of mission work last year despite it being quite different than in the past. We were able to raise mission funds through hosting the bazaar event as well as spread God’s love by making and distributing masks.
Lastly, Pastor Gyuhyun Kim at BKUMC shared an encouraging message. He preached that the conflicts between the Bible passages and our lives should lead us to a confession, by which we were all challenged and motivated. Also, the story about the female ministers who couldn’t be ordained touched our hearts. It was an emotional and inspiring time in which we learned that when we respond to God’s calling, any of us can be part of His work and our own stories will be shared through our descendants, just like how we have learned about our seniors of faith, the female ministers.
With God, our stories at NKUMw shall continue ………
(Written by Mankum Tuggle, Vice President of NNKUMw, Cal-Nevada Conference KUMw Network, Santa Clara KUMC)
| 교도소문서선교에 대한 감사편지
새해를 맞이하여 주님안에서 인사를 드립니다.
To our beloved members of NNKUMw in Christ,
New Year’s greetings in the Lord.
So many things have happened in 2020 that I would never forget in my years of prison mission. Nationwide, the coronavirus has caused many prisoners to be in solitary confinement, which has led to more suicides than ever. All worship services have stopped, so it was a year in which books were able to be of great help to the people in captivity.
Hearing that books are of great help to many men and women prisoners, I sincerely thank the members of NNKUMw for your prayers and offering support for the Transformation Project.
In the U.S., many prisoners know about Jesus and receive a lot of help in the Christian faith; yet, I have to come to know that in Japan, Christians are less than 1% of the population, with no prison document ministry. So I started thinking about the Japanese prisoners in an environment where no one is telling them about the Lord, and decided to start a prison ministry to help those Japanese prisoners.
Subsequently, I met someone who translates sermons at a Japanese church, and convinced him to translate the "Walking with Jesus” series #1-4. Yet, a $10,000 fund was needed to publish 1,000 books, and this cost was certainly difficult to cover. With God’s grace, $5,000 was gathered, but the rest was still insufficient. I even thought of getting a bank loan with my house as collateral, but the plan did not work out, so I deemed it as the Lord's will and have been waiting for His timing. When Executive Director Myungrae Lee heard this news, NNKUMw donated a $5,000 mission offering, and the book is now in the process of publication.
I believe the Lord is giving a chance to the prisons in Japan in which the gospel has yet reached. And I believe that He has given me the mission to preach the gospel by remembering the prisoners and opening the doors called prison ministry to the prisoners and homeless–who are the most despised, poor, and struggling groups in society.
NNKUMw has been supporting the TPPM since 2005. I was in tears upon hearing the news about the mission offering to help publish the Japanese books. Japan's prisons are so deprived that prisoners can't do anything–even banned from talking to each other; they are only allowed to read silently. So, I think our prison ministry will be very effective and fruitful for them. It is a great blessing for us that our all-knowing God has given us this chance to reach out to these prisoners in Japan and serve them through this opportunity.
I would like to express my deepest thanks again to NNKUMw for your mission offering for the Japanese book publication. "Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.
We are blessed children of God as inheritors of the faith. As we think about this great blessing from the Lord, I pray that the NNKUMw members would actively sow the seeds of the gospel and bear more fruits in 2021, and share God’s grace to the ends of the earth. Thank you.
(Written by Rev. Younghee Lee, Transformation Project Prison Ministry)
| 선교지에서 온 편지: "아리조나 호피 & 나바호 원주민 어린이 사역
한인여선교회 전국연합회를 섬기시는 모든 분께,
Letter from the Mission Field
To all who serve the NNKUMw,
I'm missionary Monica Lee, serving the Living Water Church in Winslow, Arizona.
Meantime, the Lord used our very small church to help out seven Navajo tribe police stations and as well as the Chapter House which had the most confirmed cases. We were able to hand them masks, hand sanitizers, tissue, etc.
Thank you for your prayers and the mission offering of $3,000 from NNKUMw. I know all of you must have been through a lot of hardships due to COVID-19. It's a mission offering that feels even more precious.
I am continuing my ministry for the children and youth in Hopi and Navajo tribes. “Jesus loved his own who were in the world, and he loved them to the end.” Following this love of Jesus who did not give up and loved the people till the end, I too won’t give up in loving and serving my fellow believers and children until the very end.
To the NNKUMw continuing to serve in 2021, I bless the Lord’s grace and love to be upon you. Thank you.
Living Water Church
| 책 소개
토저의 '기도'를 통해 참된 기도와 하나님이 주시는 응답을 대하는 태도와 자세, 그리고 어떻게 기도를 배우며 또 포기하지 말고 기도해야 하는 이유를 알게 될 것이다
(글: 김매리안 사모, 전국연합회 독서프로그램위원장, 북조지아 연회 한인여선교회연합회)
Book title: Prayer
There is nothing like prayer that can be more emphasized and prioritized to a believer. What attitude should we have when praying?
When we pray, we tend to want and ask for something, not much thinking of having to give something up. Prayer, Tozer says, is unconditionally seeking the love and wisdom of the Lord. When we pray, we must be calmly and humbly prepared to accept whatever response God gives us.
Through Tozer's “Prayer,” you will learn about true prayer, a true attitude of dealing with response to prayer, and the reason to keep praying without ceasing.
(Written by Marian Kim, Reading Program Committee Coordinator, N. Georgia Conference KUMw Network)
| “선교적 유산헌금”
선교적 유산을 이어 주세요!
(글:김명래 전도사, 한인여선교회 전국연합회 총무)
Please help continue the Mission Legacy of NNKUMw!
How to pay: Check Pay to NNKUMw
Copyright © 2008 www.nnkumw.org National Network of Korean-American United Methodist women All rights reserved.
발행인: 이성은 회장/김명래 총무/권오연 /한글교정-안영숙/영문번역-배예진/Web Master-김시춘