Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
전국여선교회연합회 nnkumw.org
logo 한인여선교회 전국연합회 총회공고

한인여선교회 전국연합회 총회 공고

전국에 계신 한인여선교회 회원들께!
가을의 문턱에서 지난 여름 동안 건강하게 잘 지내셨는지요?
2021년도 코로나로 인해 비대면으로 지도자훈련과 다양한 사역을 실시했습니다. ‘학당’ 이름으로 세미나를 4회에 걸쳐 실시했고지역연합회가 참여하여 마스크 보내기코로나 방역 물품어린이 겨울용품어린이와 청소년들을 위한 사역비 등을 미원주민 보호지역과 오클라호마 연회 인디언 컨퍼런스에 전달했습니다또한 몽골에서는 줌으로 치유세미나러시아 블라디보스토크에서는 줌으로 여선교회 지도자훈련을 실시하였습니다이 모든 사역은 여러분들의 기도와 선교비로 이루어졌기에 깊은 감사를 드립니다.
올해도 코로나로 인해 국내 여행과 많은 사람들이 모이는 것이 위험해서 전국지도자훈련을 실시하기 어렵기에 10월에는 줌으로 제 5회 학당을 실시하며, 11월 15일(월)에 줌으로 총회를 갖고자 합니다올해 총회에서는 2022-2023년 전국연합회를 이끌어 갈 새 임원 선출이 있을 예정입니다아래의 내용을 보시고 참석해 주셔서 전국연합회 미래를 이끌어 주시기 부탁드립니다.
회장 이성은총무 김명래 드림
<총회 공고>
일시: 2021년 11월 15일 (오후 6(서부), 8(중부), 9(동부)
참가자전국연합회 임원회원

NNKUMw General Conference Announcement

To our beloved KUMW members nationwide!

We hope you all had a safe & sound summer, as we now head into the fall season.

Due to the pandemic, our 2021 Leadership Training and various ministries have been held virtually. The ‘Virtual School’ was held for four sessions and the local networks participated to deliver masks, disinfection and quarantine supplies, children's winter supplies, ministry funds for children and teenagers, etc were delivered to ​Oklahoma Indian Missionary Conference.  In addition, we held our KUMw leadership training via zoom: Healing Seminar in Mongolia, as well as Christian Women Leadership Training in Vladivostok, Russia. Thank you all very much for your prayers and support for all of these ministries.

This year, we have again decided that it would be difficult to hold the NNKUMw Leadership Training due to complications and risks involving domestic travel and large in-person gathering, so we would like to hold the Virtual School over five sessions in October and hold the General Conference via Zoom on November 15.  At this year's general conference, we will be electing new executives to lead the NNKUMw for 2022-2023. Please take a look at the information below and attend to lead the future of our NNKUMw.

<General Conference>
@ Date & Time:  November 15, 2021 (Monday), 6pm (PST), 8pm (CST), 9pm (EST)
@ Audience:  NNKUMw executives, members

@ Method of Participation:  via Zoom

logo 제4회 학당을 마치고

4회 여선교회 학당 강의을 마치고

먼저 주님의 인도하심으로 순조롭게 강의을 마칠 수 있어서 감사했습니다.

많은 분이 환경문제에 관심을 가지고 학당에 참가해 주셨는데 그 열기가 줌을 통해서도 많이 느껴졌고, 저도 힘을 많이 받았습니다. 다른 강사님들에 비하면 경력이나 자질이 턱없이 부족한 모습이었을 텐데, 그럼에도 기회를 주신 여선교회에 다시 한번 감사의 마음을 전합니다.
많은 분이 이번 강의를 통해 패션의 불편한 진실에 대해 새로 아셨고, 그럴 의도는 없었는데 강의 내내 양심의 가책을 느꼈다고 하셨습니다. 친환경 소재에도 적극적인 관심을 보이셔서 앞으로 제가 더 연구해야 할 분야라는 도전도 받았습니다.
제가 후기를 통해 다시 한번 강조하고 싶은 것은
첫째, 환경오염과 기후위기의 문제는 개인의 노력으로는 부족하다는 겁니다. 반드시 협력해서 선을 이뤄야 합니다.
둘째인간의 욕심을 채우기 위해 너무나 많은 물건이 제조되었고 동시에 버려지면서 지구는 병들어 갔습니다. 환경문제는 우리의 육신의 정욕, 안목의 정욕, 이생의 자랑이 만들어낸 결과물입니다. 따라서 근본적으로 영적인 문제입니다. 소비를 줄이고 이미 가진 것에 감사하고 절제하는 삶을 살아야 합니다.
셋째환경오염과 이로 인한 기후변화는 제조업 중심의 가난한 국가와 가난한 사람들에게 더 가혹합니다. 많은 제3 세계 국가들이 환경오염으로 인한 일차적 환경 부정의에 더하여 유래 없는 폭염, 폭우 같은 기후재앙으로 인한 이차적 환경 부정의로 고통받고 있습니다. 이러한 환경 부정의로부터 이웃을 구하는 방안도 같이 생각해야 합니다.
넷째환경 정의와 환경선교는 이제 우리의 미션입니다. 가장 강력한 소비 주체인 여성들, 특히 우리 기독 여성들이 친환경 소비를 하고, 단체의 힘으로 정부와 기업의 변화와 시정을 이끌어 내는 환경리더십(green leadership)을 발휘해야 합니다.
이제 지구의 평균온도가 0.3도 더 상승하면 지구는 회복할 수 없는 멸망의 길로 들어섭니다. 그래도 아직 일말의 희망이 존재합니다. “제가 이제 죽을 때까지 옷을 새로 사지 않겠습니다”라는 어느 권사님의 다짐이 너무나 귀한 이유입니다. 하나님이 창조하시고 너무나 보기 좋았던 세상입니다. 우리가 예수님을 닮아가듯 세상도 천국을 닮아가야 합니다. 우리의 영이 회복되듯이 지구도 회복되고 우리가 거듭난 것처럼 자원도 거듭나게 환경선교에 적극적으로 동참해 주시길 바랍니다.

(글: 김주연, 패션 디자이너, 뉴욕한인교회)

Reflection on the lecture for the fourth Hakdang by NNKUMW
First, I thank God for finishing the lecture smoothly in the Lord’s guidance. I could feel the great attention of people even on Zoom who are concerned about environmental issues, which encouraged me a lot. I also appreciate NNKUMw for giving me this opportunity even with my short and humble career compared to other honorable lecturers in Hakdang.
Many people in the session mentioned that they got to know about the uncomfortable truth about fashion and also felt guilty throughout the whole lecture even though I did not mean that. They also showed such a strong interest in eco-friendly materials that I got motivated to research and study more in this field.
I’d like to repeat a few things in this reflection as follows. First, there should be more than individual efforts regarding environmental pollution and climate crisis. All things have to work together for the good of environmental justice. Second, the earth gets sick as too many have been manufactured and at the same time too many have been abandoned due to human greed. The environmental issues are the result of the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life. Hence, I see these as spiritual issues in the essence. We need to refrain from consuming and be more grateful for what we already have. Third, the poor nations and poor people are more vulnerable to environmental pollution and climate crisis. They are not only suffering from water and air pollution caused by factories, but also being stricken with unprecedented drought and downpour. We need to devise a plan to save these neighbors from environmental injustice. Last but not least, environmental justice and green missionary works are our priority with no doubt. Women as the most powerful consumers, especially the Christian women should take the green leadership by exercising green consumerism to government and companies and drawing out institutional change and correction.
If the average temperature of the earth increases only by 0.3 degree, there will be irreparable catastrophe and extinction on this planet. Still, we have a bit of hope if we make concerted efforts. One deacon in the session made a resolution to stop buying clothes for the rest of her life’, which is highly appreciated. Definitely it was very good when God created this planet. Just as we have to resemble Jesus, the world has to resemble heaven. Just as our faith was restored, the earth should be restored. Just as we are born again, the resources should be born again. Take the green initiative to be a missionary for the environment.

(Written by Joy Juyeon Kim, Technical Design, Fashion Design, NY)

logo

“많아요, 정말 많습니다.!”

지구가 몸살을 앓고 있다고 합니다. 우리 몸도 몸살이 나면 열이 나는데 지구도 몸살이 나서 열이 펄펄 나고, 뜨거워져서 끙끙 앓고 있다고 합니다.
하나님께서 만들어 주신 아름다운 지구가 어쩌다 이렇게 끙끙거리며 몸살을 앓고 있는지, 우리는 압니다. 우리의 편함만을 추구하며 함부로 쓰고 버리며 살았던 결과입니다.
옷, 저를 비롯해서 대부분의 여자는 옷을 좋아합니다. 예쁜 옷을 입고 예뻐 보이고 싶은 것은 본능입니다. 그래서 예쁜 옷, 새로운 옷을 사는 것은 어쩌면 우리의 삶에서 대단한 기쁨 중의 하나입니다.
세일한다고 사고, 심심해서 사고, 입어보니 편해서 색깔별로 다 사고, 자투리 시간에 할 일없어서 구경하다 사고, 남이 사니 나도 사고, 계절이 바뀐다고 사고, 유행이라고 또 사고, 집에서 입는다고 사고, 교회 갈 때 입는다고 사고, 무슨 때가 되었다고 또 사고... 하여갼 옷을 사는 이유는 무궁무진합니다.
그런데 코로나 사태로 인해서 교회 문이 닫히고, 누구를 만날 일도 없고, 아무데도 갈 데가 없어지니까 우리에게 정말 필요한 옷이 무엇인지 알게 되었습니다. 잠옷과 집안에서 편안하게 입을 수 있는 옷 몇 벌 밖에 더 이상의 옷이 필요 없었습니다. 그런데 옷장에는 얼마나 많은 옷이 있는지, 그 옷을 언제 다 입으려고 그렇게 많이 사고 또 샀는지 모르겠습니다.

이번 학당을 통해서 옷이 환경오염의 주범? 이 된다는 불편한 진실을 알게 되었습니다.
옷을 만들기 위해 사용되는 석유며 물, 그리고 거기서 배출되는 온실가스 그리고 입고 버려지는 수많은 옷 쓰레기로 인해서 환경이 얼마나 오염되는지 알게 되었습니다. 그리고 부자 나라에 예쁜 옷을 만들어 주기 위한 제3 국가의 열악한 노동 환경은 물론이고, 환경오염으로 인한 기후변화의 영향은 다시 가난한 나라 사람들이 더 받게 된다는 사실도 알게 되었습니다.
옷과 환경오염에 대해서 배운지 한 달이 되어 가는데 무엇을 배웠는지 벌써 기억이 가물가물합니다. 그런데 한 가지 분명한 것은, 인터넷을 뒤지다가 예쁜 옷이 눈에 띄면 예전 같으면 살까 말까 망설임이 앞섰는데 이제는 강의해 주신 김주연 선생님 얼굴이 퍼뜩 떠오르는 것입니다. 그리고 ‘아니지 아니야… 옷, 많아도 너무 많아’라고 중얼거리게 됩니다.
환경을 오염시키지 않는 일은 무척 많을 것입니다.
그런데 제가 한 가지는 분명히 할 수 있을 것 같습니다. 예전처럼 옷을 사지 않는 것입니다. 덜 사려고 노력하는 것입니다. 사실 지금 있는 것만 가지고도 충분합니다. 많아도 너무 많습니다.
어떤 유행가에 ‘유행 따라 사는 것도 제멋이라지만’이라는 가사가 있는데 저는 유행이 바뀌어도 멋을 낼 수 있을 것 같습니다. 바지 길이가 짧아지면 잘라서 입고 넓어지면 덧대서 입고..., 제가 또 한 바느질 하기 때문입니다.
내가 옷을 안 사면 옷에 관계된 사업자들과 경제가 어떻게 될까, 그런 생각도 살짝 들지만, 그런 것은 내가 걱정 안 하기로 했습니다. 옷이 환경오염에 주범이 된다니까 나부터라도 옷을 덜 사고, 안 사고 있는 옷으로 천국 갈 때까지 입겠습니다. 옷, 많아도 너무 많기 때문입니다.

(글: 송은순 사모, 한인여선교회 전국연합회 회계, 델라웨어-메릴랜드 연회 한인여선교회연합회, 델라웨어한인교회)

“Many, Too Many!”

The Earth seems to be aching a lot. Just like when our body aches, we have a fever––the earth also seems to be aching with fever, suffering from overheating. How has God’s so-beautifully-created Earth become like this… we know why. This is the consequence of mankind having lived in pursuit of our convenience and careless consumption and wasting.

Clothes. Including myself, most women like clothes. It is in our nature to want to wear pretty clothes and look nice. So, purchasing new, pretty clothing is perhaps one of the great joys in our lives.

We buy clothes because they are on sale, sometimes we buy them just out of boredom, we buy them in different colors because they feel comfortable, we buy them when we have nothing to do in our spare time, we buy them since other people do it too, we buy them when the seasons change, we buy them because it is a new trend, we buy them for ‘home-wear,’ we buy them for ‘church-outfit,’ we buy them for another particular occasion… The list can go on and on.

But ever since the COVID-19 pandemic, with the church doors shut down, not being able to meet people, and not having places to go, we finally learned what ‘clothes’ we really need. We realized we did not really need much, other than a couple of comfortable sleepwear and home-wear. Seeing all those clothes in my closet, I couldn’t understand why I had bought so many of them, so many that I won’t be able to wear them all.

Through this Virtual School, I learned the uncomfortable truth that clothes can be the main culprit of environmental pollution. I learned how much environmental pollution is caused by the amount of oil and water used to make clothes, the greenhouse gases emitted from them, and the numerous clothing waste being thrown away. And I learned not only that the clothing industry causes the poor working environment in developing countries in order to make and send pretty clothes for rich countries, but also that the negative consequences of climate change caused by environmental pollution are suffered more by the poor countries.

It's been a month since I learned about clothes and environmental pollution, and I already can’t exactly recall what I had learned. But one thing is clear: whereas I used to think about whether to make the purchase or not when I would stumble across a pretty clothing item while browsing through the Internet, now I get reminded of the face of our lecturer Joy Kim. And I mutter to myself, "No, no…many, too many clothes.”

There can be a lot of things that do not pollute the environment. But I think I can make one thing clear: not to buy clothes like before. What I have now is enough. There are so many. There is a popular song that goes, "It is a style to buy up-to-trend,"  but I think I can dress up even if the trend changes. If the length of the pants gets shorter, I cut them, and if they get wider, I add another fabric on top of them... It's because I am pretty good at sewing.
I wondered whether my resolution to not buy clothes would affect the related businesses and economy––but decided not to worry about that. Since clothes are said to be the main culprit of environmental pollution, I will buy less clothes, and not buy them, but wear them until I go to heaven. Because there are indeed many, just too many.

(Written by Eunsoon Song, Treasurer of NNKUMw, Delaware-Baltimore Conference KUMw Network, Delaware KUMC)

logo 녹색교회 만들기

녹색교회 만들기 사역 (Green Church Ministry)

지난 2년간 코로나로 인해 우리들의 일상이 중단되고 전세게의 경제활동이 마비되는 너무도 많은 변화가 있었다. 우리들의 이웃들이 코로나로 인해 고통받고 사랑하는 가족들을 잃었다. 그러나 백신이 개발되어 많은 사람들이 백신을 맞게되었고, 이젠 코로나와 더불어 사는 세상이 되었다. 하지만 온난화의 속도는 더 빨라지고 자연과 생태계의 파괴가 더욱 심각해 지고 있으며 전세계가 산불과 홍수, 가뭄으로 많은 사람들이 고통을 받고 있다.

이제는 “기후위기”를 “기후재앙”이라고 부르고 있다. 하나님이 온갖 피조물들을 만드시고 “보시기에 좋았더라”고 하셨는데 그 피조물들이 인간의 탐욕과 개발과 파괴로 고통받고 신음하며 멸종 위기에 놓여있다. 그래서 자연의 파괴는 하나님의 창조의 섭리를 역행하는인간의 죄가 아닐까? 이제 하나님의 자녀인 우리들이 할 일이 무엇일까? 그것은 창조의 영성에 대한 성경공부를 하며, 자연과 생태계가 다시 살아나도록 회복시키는 사역에 참여해야 한다.

그것이 “환경선교”이며 바로 우리가 지금 시급하게 해야 할 가장 중요한 사역이다. 그 일환으로 개체교회 여선교회에서 생명을 살리는 “녹색교회 만들기”사역에 참여해 보자.

환경주일 예배: 매년 드리는 여선교회 헌신예배를 “녹색교회 만들기” 주일로 지켜보자. 환경주일에 대한 포스터, 초청장을 전교인에게 보낸다. 환경주일예배에서 하나님의 창조에 찬송, 환경에 관한 교독문을 고백한다. 설교는 “하나님의 창조와 환경파괴”에 대한 내용으로 설교자를 선정한다. 여선교회 회장이 “녹색교회 만들기”에 대한 취지를 환경문제에 대한 동영상을 상영하며 설명한다. 여선교회 회원들이 환경에 대한 특송과 녹색교회 만들기 실천사항을 발표한다. 예배후 전교인이 참석하여 친환경 세제, 비누, 등을 만들어 보거나, 교회와 교회 밖 주변을 청소한다.
● 환경세미나: 환경문제, 친환경으로 전환하기, 등에 대한 강사를 초청하거나, 환경에 대한 동영상을 실시하고, 참가자들이 구체적인 실천방법에 대해 그룹토의를 한후 나눈다.
● 환경위원회 조직: 교회나 여선교회에 환경위원회를 조직하여 교회에서 실천할 수 있는 단계적 내용, 일정, 방법, 관리, 등을 계획한다. 실천후 미래를 위한 평가는 반드시 필요하다.
● 녹색도서관 설립: 환경문제에 대한 책, 자료, 동영상, 등을 구비해서 교인들이 이용하도록 한다. 도서관과 카페를 함께 실시해서 교인들이 모여서 환경문제를 나누는 자유로운 토론의 공간을 제공한다.
● 녹색마켓 실시: 재활용이 가능한 생활용품, 의류, 물품, 식료품, 텃밭 채소, 등을 가져와서 서로 나누거나 저렴하게 판매한 이익금을 환경선교에 사용한다.
● 교회 지붕을 태양열 판넬로 교체: 태양열을 교회 에너지로 사용하도록 한다.
● 교회에 재활용 쓰레기통을 준비해서 분리수거 한다.
● 교회에 텃밭 만들기: 텃밭에서 생산되는 야채를 교회 친교음식으로 사용한다. 개인 가정에서 텃밭을 만들 수 있도록 씨앗, 모종 나누기, 퇴비 만드는 법, 야채 잘키우는 법 등을 교육한다.
● 일회용 컵, 그릇 사용안하기: 개인별로 컵을 교회에 보관하며 사용한다. 친교시 세척 할 수 있는 접시, 그릇을 사용해서 음식을 먹는다. 그리고 음식물 쓰레기를 만들지 않는다.
 재봉틀 사역: 재활용이 가능한 옷, 천들을 이용해서 시장바구니, 마스크, 어린이 옷, 등을 만들어서 지역사회와 선교지의 어려운 이웃들에게 보낸다.
● 자동차 안타기: 교회에 올때 카풀을 하거나 자전거, 대중교통을 이용한다.
● 교회의 어린이, 청소년들에게 환경교육과 환경체험 실시
● 교회내에 환경에 대한 포스터, 문구들을 만들어서 붙인다.
● 환경단체를 지원하고, 환경문제를 다루는 정치인들을 선출한다.

(환경주일에 대한 자세한 내용을 원하시는 분들은 한인여선교회전국연합회 웹사이트 www.nnkumw.org를 참조하세요)

(글: 전국연합회 편집자)

Over the past two years, our daily lives have been halted as well as economic activities paralyzed all around the world due to COVID-19. Our neighbors have suffered, and we have lost our loved ones. However, after the vaccine development, many people have been vaccinated, and now we call it a world co-existing alongside the virus, a “with-corona” society. However, the pace of global warming is accelerating, the destruction of nature and ecosystems are worsening, and many people around the world are suffering from forest fires, floods, and droughts. Now, the "climate crisis" is called a "climate disaster." God created all kinds of creatures and “saw that it was good,” but now these creations are suffering, groaning, and endangered due to human greed, development, and destruction. Thus, isn't the destruction of nature a human sin that goes against the providence of God's creation? What do we, as children of God, do now? We should study the Bible on the spirituality of creation and participate in the ministry that restores and revives nature and ecosystems.  That is "environmental mission" and it is the most important and urgent mission that we need to do now. As part of that, let us participate in our local church KUMw’s "Green Church Ministry.”
• Environment Sunday: Let's observe the annual KUMW dedication service as a "Green Church Ministry Sunday.” We send out posters and invitations for Environment Sunday. We sing hymns praising God's creation as well as read the Responsive Reading on nature/creation. For the sermon, we would select a speaker to talk about "God's Creation and Environmental Destruction." The director of KUMw explains the purpose of "Green Church Ministry" by screening a video on environmental issues. Members of the KUMw present a special number about the environment and present the actions/resolutions of the Green Church Ministry. After worship, the congregation participates in an activity, i.e. making eco-friendly detergents/soap, cleaning the church & surrounding outside areas.
• Environmental seminars: Invite speakers to talk about environmental issues, such as switching eco-friendly methods, etc., or play videos about the environment. Afterwards, participants have group discussions and share their ideas & practices.
• Organization of the Environmental Committee: Create and organize an environmental committee in the church or within the KUMW to plan step-by-step contents, schedules, methods, management, etc. that can be practiced in the church. After each action, feedback & evaluation are essential for future improvement.
• Establishment of the Green Library: Books, materials, videos, etc. on environmental issues should be provided for church members to access. Library and cafe can be offered together to provide a free discussion space where church members gather and share environmental issues.
• Green market implementation: Bring recyclable household goods, clothing, goods, groceries, garden vegetables, etc. and share them with one another or use the profits sold at low prices for environmental missionary work.
• Replace the roof of the church with solar panels: Use solar power for the church's energy source.
 Prepare recycling bins at the church and practice recycling.
• Making a garden in the church: Vegetables produced in the garden are used as church food. Educate on seeds, seedling, how to make compost, how to grow vegetables well, etc. so that individual households can make gardens.
• Do not use disposable cups or bowls: Individual cups are stored and used in church. Eat food using dishes and bowls that can be washed during fellowship. And don't waste food.
• Sewing machine ministry: Using recyclable clothes and fabrics, make grocery bags, masks, children's clothes, etc. and send them to neighbors in local communities or in mission fields.
• Car rides: Carpool, bicycle, or use public transportation when coming to church.
• Provide environmental education and environmental experience to children and youth in the church.
• Create and display posters and phrases about the environment throughout the church.
• Support environmental organizations and elect politicians who highlight environmental issues.

(for more information on Environment Sunday/Green Church Ministry, please visit www.nnkumw.org.)

logo 환경선교 공모전

(제목) 지구를 살리는 여선교회
날로 심각해 지는 기후위기가 전세계를 위협하고 있습니다. 지금처럼 마음껏 소비하고 버리는 삶의 습관이 변화되지 않으면 인류는 불행한 미래를 맞게 된다고 합니다.

그래서 2021년부터 한인여선교회전국연합회에서는 하나님이 만드신 창조세계를 보존하고 살리는 “녹색교회 만들기” 라는 환경선교를 시작하였습니다. 환경선교의 중요성을 알리고자 다음과 같은 내용으로 공모전을 실시하고자 합니다.

아래의 3가지 내용을 포함하는 글을 공모해 주시기 바랍니다. 

(내용)

1. 가정, 교회, 지역사회에서 지구를 살리는 방법
2. 여성이 갖은 생태계 감수성을 일깨우고 생태계를 보존하는 선교
3. 자신의 전문분야에서 환경과 생명존중의 가치를 실천하는 여성 리더쉽

(기간) 9월1일 – 10월31일
(대상) 여성이면 누구나 (1세 한어권 & 2세 영어권)
(공모방법) 이메일 (nnkumw93@gmail.com)
(원고분량) 글자 10사이즈 5-7페이지
(심사) 한인여선교회 전국연합회 임원회
(시상)(1세 한어권) 최우수상 1명 $500, 우수상 1명 $300, 가작 2명 $100 

(2세 영어권) 최우수상 1명 $500, 우수상 1명 $300, 가작 2명 $100
(당선발표) 전국연합회 11월 뉴스레터 & 개인통보
(문의) 김명래 총무 mrkim81@gmail.com / 914-473-7401

Title: KUMw that Saves the Earth

The growing climate crisis is threatening the entire world. It is predicted that mankind will face an unfortunate future if current habits of consumption and wasting won’t change. Hence, starting in 2021, NNKUMw started an environmental mission project called "Making Green Churches" in order to preserve and revive God’s creation. To promote the importance of environmental mission work, we would like to hold a contest with the following information.

Please submit an article containing the following three contents:

(Content)
1. How to save the Earth in the home, church, and local community.
2. A Mission ministry that awakens women's ecological sensitivity and preserves the ecosystem.
3. Women's leadership that practices the value for the environment and respect for life in their area of expertise.

(Duration) September 1st – October 31
(Participation eligibility) Any woman (1st Generation Korean & 2nd Generation English)
(How to participate) Email: nnkumw93@gmail.com
(Writing length) Letter size 10 pages 5-7
(Judges) NNKUMw Executive Committee
(Awards)
(1st Generation Korean) 1 Grand Award $500, 1 Excellence Award $300, 2 Honorable Mention $100
(2nd Generation Korean) 1 Grand Award $500, 1 Excellence Award $300, 2 Honorable Mention $100

(Winner Notification) Individual notice & November NNKUMw Newsletter
(Inquiry) Myungrae Kim Lee, Executive Director, mrkim81@gmail.com / 914-473-7401

logo 내가 참여하는 환경선교-뉴잉글랜드연합회의 재봉틀 사역

내가 참여하는 환경선교내가 배운 재활용과 함께하는 이웃사랑
뉴잉글랜드의 아이디어 뱅크이신 김성실 권사님을 통해서, 안 쓰는 베개 케이스를 이용해서 어린이용 드레스를 만들어 아프리카에 보내는 Little Dress for Africa라는 단체를 알게 되었다. 연합회 선교부장께서 보스턴지역에서 이 사역을 하시는 분과 약속을 하고, 글루스터란 바닷가 도시에 있는 교회를 찾아갔다.
동양인들이 이 사역을 동참하고자 배우러 간다는 소문이 벌써 퍼졌는지, 주차장에 한 분이 기다리고 계시다가 너무나 반갑게 우리 일행을 환영하며, 지하실 모임이 장소로 안내해 주셨다. 20분 정도의 어르신들이 대부분 70대 이상의 할머니들로 보였고, 모두 미소를 가득 띄우시고, 반갑게 맞아주셨다.
깜짝 놀란 것은 틀림없이 교회인데, 그곳이 교회 친교실인지 작업실인지 분간할 수 없는 분위기였다. 줄지어 놓여진 테이블마다 재봉틀이 이미 세팅이 되어 있었다. 각자 자기가 쓰는 재봉틀이 있었고, 한쪽 코너에는 새로 오셔서 쓰실 수 있도록, 도네이션 받은 재봉틀들이 즐비해있었다. 선반마다 벽장마다 도네이션 받은 천들, 레이스, 바이어스, 각종 실, 핀, 미리 만들어진 포켓들, 베개 커버, 미리 재단된 원피스 천들... 지하실이 모두 가내공업의 수준으로 어린이 드레스를 만들 수 있는 준비가 완벽하게 되어 있었다.
매주 수요일과 주일 오후에 이곳에 모이셔서, 함께 드레스를 만들고, 또 집에 재료를 가지고 가셔서 만들어 오셨다. 원하시는 분들은 만드신 드레스를 show & tell을 하시며 아이디어를 나누셨다. 그날도 한 분이 커다란 플라스틱 통에 하나 가득 갖가지 디자인의 드레스를 만들어 오셔서 하나씩 설명하며 보여주셨다. 한 시간에 한 벌씩을 만드신다니, 거의 고수 수준이셨다.
Little Dress for Africa 기독교 단체에 대한 설명도 들었다. 아프리카의 부모가 없이 방치된 어린아이들을 위해서 2008년부터 시작된 선교사역으로 재봉봉사 그룹들이 모여서 베개 케이스로 간단한 드레스를 만들어 배로 보내는 선교를 시작하였다. 점점 이 사역이 커져서 지금까지 8백만 개의 드레스가 보내졌다고 한다. 잠옷이 따로 없이 같은 옷을 입으며, 자고 놀고 옷이 떨어질 때까지 한 옷을 계속 입는다고 하셨다. 옷 세탁은 강물에서 씻기 때문에 세부적인 장식은 떨어지니 하지 않도록 주의를 주셨다. 어린 여자아이들이 마음에 그들이 얼마나 귀한 존재인지를 심어주려는 목적이라고 했다. 이 옷들이 배로 도착하며 또 다른 봉사자들이 고아원, 교회, 학교를 통해 직접 전달하며, 현재는 97개국에 보내진다고 한다. 소녀들을 위한 드레스에는 꼭 앞에 호주머니가 필요한데, 이유는 재활용할 수 있는 천으로 만든 생리대를 넣기 위함이라고 했다.
우리에게 베개 케이스를 통해서 만들 수 있는 가장 간단한 드레스를 가르쳐 주시겠다고 자원한 할머니가 계셨다. 너무 나이가 드셔서, 손놀림이 떨리셨고, 설명하실 때도 숨이 차신 분이셨다. 천천히 설명하시며, 친절이 꼼꼼히 가르쳐주셨다. 결국 함께 식사 시간에 대화를 하며 할머니의 상황을 알게 되었다. 암에 걸렸는데, 아무것도 할 수 없는 고통 중에 친한 한 아파트에 사시는 다른 친구 할머니께서 이 사역을 소개해 주셨다고 한다. 재봉틀도 서툰 그가, 재봉틀을 배우고 드레스 만드는 것을 배우며, 삶의 기쁨과 보람을 다시 찾게 되었다고 하셨다. 그 상황에서 이렇게 누군가를 위해 섬기시는 그 모습이 너무나 아름다워서 참 용감하시다고 했더니, 눈물을 글썽거리시며, “나는 용감하지 않아, 나는 용감하지 않아...” 하시며 자신의 겪는 현재의 고통을 표현하셨다.
고통 중에도 오직 신실하게 그 누군가, 어린 아프리카 어린이들을 생각하며 작은 사랑을 나누는 모습! 자신이 하는 섬김의 일을 얘기할 때 정녕 그분의 얼굴은 환히 빛이 나셨다. 함께 배운 우리 두 사람을 안아 주시며, 우리의 서툰 솜씨도 잘했다고 칭찬해 주셨다. 그분이 한평생 사셨던 이 글루스터란 마을에, 이 전에는 신문의 첫 표지에 여성들의 얼굴이 나는 것인 금기였다고 하셨다. 그 이후 편집장이 돌아가시고, 그의 아내가 편집장이 되었을 때, 처음으로 여성의 기사가 나왔지만, 그의 아들이 같이 찍은 사진만이 나올 수 있었다고 한다. 이 연약해 보이고 등이 구부러지신 할머니께서 여성에 대한 인권과 차별에 대한 저항 의식을 가지고 살아오셨다는 사실을 알고 한 번 더 놀랐다.
이렇게 열심히 꾸준히 재활용을 통해서, 환경도 보호하고, 선교의 일을 하는 분들을 보며, 배운 점은 무엇이든지 꾸준히 하되, 함께 해야 한다는 것이다.
누구든지 와서 배우고 나누고, 마음껏 재료를 가지고 가서, 자신이 할 수 있는 만큼 만들어 오는 것이다. 우리가 만든 첫 작품과 함께 가득히 재료를 봉지마다 가득 채우고 걸어 나오는 발걸음이 날아갈 것만 같았다. ‘아! 사랑은 이런 것이구나. 자연을 사랑하고, 이웃을 사랑하고 그래서 하나님 사랑에 더욱 가까워지는구나... ‘
우리 연합회 여선교회원들과 함께 이 귀한 은혜를 나누고, 또 우리도 아프리카 어린 여자아이들이 입을 예쁜 드레스를 만들 재봉사역의 시간을 머리로 그리며 맘껏 행복했던 날이었다. 끝으로 이 사역에 동참하시고 싶으신 분들은 LittleDressforAfrica.org에 들어가시면 자세한 정보를 얻을 수 있고, 또 유튜브에 little dress for Africa 드레스 만드는 다양한 방법들을 배울 수 있다.

(글: 김지영 권사, 뉴잉글랜드 연회 한인여선교회연합회 회장, 북부보스턴교회)

Through Sussan Kim of New England Conference KUMw Network, who is our go-to for creative ideas, I learned of an organization called Little Dress for Africa. The organization makes children’s dresses out of pillow covers and sends them to Africa. Our Conference KUMw Network’s Mission Coordinator made an appointment with a person who does this ministry in Boston, and visited a church in a seaside city called Gloucester.

When we arrived, it looked like the word had spread that Asians were coming to learn and join the ministry; someone was waiting for us in the parking lot, welcomed us with such a bright welcome, and led the way to the meeting place in the basement. There were around 20 people, mostly in their 70s or older, and they all smiled and warmly welcomed us.
What surprised me was the atmosphere of the place––it felt like an actual work studio. Sewing machines had already been set up for each aligned table. Everyone had her own sewing machine, and in one corner were many donated sewing machines available for newcomers and visitors. Donated fabric pieces, laces, various pins, and threads, pre-made pockets, pillow covers, pre-cut dress fabrics... From the shelves to the closet, the entire basement was perfectly prepared to make children’s dresses at the level of domestic industry.
They would gather there every Wednesday and Sunday afternoon, make dresses together, and bring the materials home to work on them. Those who want to share ideas would do a ‘show-and-tell’ about the dress they made. On the day of our visit, one person had brought a large plastic container with dresses of various designs and explained them to us one by one. It normally takes her an hour to finish one dress––she was a pro, a dress-master.

We also heard about the Christian organization Little Dress for Africa. The ministry began in 2008, when a group of sewing volunteers gathered to make dresses out of pillow covers and shipped them to children who were left unattended without parents in Africa. Since then, the ministry has grown and 8 million dresses have been sent so far. They told us that the children would wear the same clothing again and again, sleeping with it, playing with it, and would keep wearing that one clothing until it wears out. They also told us to avoid putting additional decorations on the dresses since they hand wash them by the river. The purpose of the ministry is to instill in the minds of young girls how precious they are. These clothes arrive by ship, and other volunteers deliver them directly through orphanages, churches, and schools, and are now sent to 97 countries. Dresses for girls definitely need to have a front pocket, and the reason for that is to put sanitary pads made of recyclable cloth.

There was an old lady who volunteered to teach us the simplest dress we could make out of a pillow cover. Her hands were trembling, and she was out of breath, but she explained the process slowly, kindly and carefully. Eventually, I learned about her situation by talking to her during mealtime. She was going through cancer, and when she was in pain of being unable to do anything, her neighbor-friend had introduced her to this ministry. As someone who was originally not good with sewing machines, she regained the joy and satisfaction of life upon learning to make dresses. It was so beautiful seeing her serving others in her situation, so I told her she was so brave. She responded with tear eyes, saying, “I am not brave, I am not…” and expressed her current conditions of pain.

Faithfully serving and sharing one’s little love while thinking of the young African children, even in the midst of suffering! As she talked about her part in the ministry, her face was shining ever so brightly. She warmly hugged the two of us who learned together and complimented us for our amateur skills. She said that in this village called Gloucester, where she has lived for a lifetime, having women’s faces on the first cover of the newspaper was taboo. After the editor-in-chief passed away and his wife became the editor-in-chief, a woman's article was featured for the very first time, but only the photo taken with her son could be displayed. I was once again surprised to learn that the fragile-looking and bent-back grandmother had lived with a sense of resistance to human rights and discrimination against women.

Seeing those who serve so diligently through recycling to protect the environment and do missions, I learned that whatever it is we must do it steadily and persistently, together.
Anyone comes to learn and share, takes home with them the materials as much as they want and work on it as much as they can, and brings back their product. As we came out with the first dresses and bags filled with materials, we felt so joyful and lightweight. ‘Oh! So this is what love is like! Loving nature, loving our neighbors…that is how we become closer to God's love.‘
It was such a happy day to the fullest, thinking about sharing such blessings to our conference KUMw Network members, as well as picturing the day when we would gather to make dresses for little girls in Africa.

If you would like to join this ministry, go to LittleDressforAfrica.org to get more information and learn various ways to make a little dress on their Youtube channel, little dress for Africa.

(Written by Jiyoung Jin, President of New England Conference KUMw Network, N.Boston KUMC)

logo 책소개

책 제목:회복적 정의를 어떻게 배울 것인가?
저자: 린지 포인터, 캐틀린 맥고이, 해일리 파라
옮김: 안은경

회복적 정의를 배우는 공간은 보다 정의롭고 공평한 사회로 나아가기 위한 변혁이 시작되는 성숙한 공간이다. 그중에서도 사회적 불평등이 야기하는 구조적 폭력은 회복적 정의 관점에서 긴급하게 다뤄야 할 영역이다. 그런 면에서 회복적 정의 운동은 다양한 방면에서 위계질서를 허물 수 있다. 저자는 이 책을 통해 회복적 정의의 가치에 따라 회복적 정의의 개념과 기술을 가르치는 방법을 탐구하기를 기대한다.
저자는 ‘회복적 정의의 배움’이라는 다소 어려울 수 있는 주제를 놀이와 활동 중심으로 풀어가기를 권고한다. 놀이는 상호적이고 재미있다. 놀이를 통해 공동체는 자연스럽게 관계를 쌓아간다. 놀이를 통해 편안함과 신뢰를 쌓은 학습자들은 어려운 주제를 존중 어린 마음으로 대화할 준비를 한다. 놀이를 통한 공동의 경험은 학습자들이 중요한 대화를 모두가 모두에게 배우는 방식으로 시작할 수 있도록 돕는다. 교사와 학습자는 배움 후 힘을 받고, 정보를 얻고, 배움의 과정에 기여했다고 느낄 수 있기 때문이다.
놀이와 활동을 통해 학습자는 목소리를 내고 참여하며 변화시키는 사회적 공간을 만들 수 있다. 회복적 배움공동체는 학습자의 관점을 존중하고 학습자가 배운 내용을 세상과 삶에서 적용할 수 있도록 지원해 줄 것이다.
모든 사람의 배움과 성장에 기여할 수 있는 공간을 창조하는데 필수적인 사랑과 겸손, 유머, 공감을 불러일으키는 요소를 어떻게 통합해야 하는가에 대한 방법 또한 모색할 수 있다. 그중에서도 공감하는 능력을 키워야하는 부분에 대한 도움이 크다. 이 책은 참여자의 생생한 감정과 관점이 그대로 공간에 출현 할 수 있도록 사전에 리더는 어떤 준비를 해야 하는지를 짚어준다.
범죄나 잘못된 행동은 개인의 사건으로 이해되기 보다 뿌리 깊은 사회 불평등과 구조적 불의라는 더 큰 동지적 관점에서 이해돼야 한다고 저자는 피력한다. 회복적 실천가가 피해를 유발한 역사적, 구조적 폭력을 이해하고 다루지 않으면 피해를 온전히 바로잡을 수 없다는 것은, 회복적 정의를 어떻게 배울 수 있을 것인가의 출발점에서 반드시 생각해 볼 부분이다.

(글: 이미숙 집사, 전국연합회 독서프로그램위원, 북조지아 연회 한인여선교회연합회, 베다니교회)

Book Title: The Little Book of Restorative Teaching Tools
Author: Lindsey Pointer, Kathleen McGoey, and Haley Farrar
Translator: Eunkyoung Ahn

The space in which we learn restorative justice is a mature, established space where transformation begins to advance to a more just and equitable society.  Among them, structural violence caused by social inequality is an area to be dealt with urgently from the perspective of restorative justice. In that respect, the restorative justice movement can disrupt the order of hierarchy in various ways. Through this book, the authors expect to explore the teaching methods on the concept and skills of restorative justice based on the value of restorative justice.

The author recommends solving a somewhat difficult topic of "learning restorative justice" focusing on play and activities. Play is mutual and fun. Through play, the community naturally builds relationships. Learners who have accumulated comfort and trust through play are prepared to talk about difficult topics with respect. A shared experience through play helps learners start important conversations in a way that everyone learns from one another. This is because teachers and learners can feel that they have gained strength, obtained information, and contributed to the learning process after the learning.

Through play and activities, learners can create a social space that voices, participates, and transforms. The restorative learning community will respect learners' perspectives and support them in applying what they have learned to the world and to their life.

It is also possible to find ways to integrate the elements that evoke love, humility, humor, and empathy, which are essential for creating a space that can contribute to everyone's learning and growth.  Among them, there is a great amount of help for areas where empathy should be developed. This book points out what preparations the leader should make in advance so that the participants' vivid emotions and perspectives can emerge in the space, just as they are.

The author expresses that crime or misbehavior should be understood from a larger nesting perspective of a deeply rooted social inequality and structural injustice, rather than as individual cases. If a restorative practitioner does not understand nor deal with the historical and structural violence that caused the damage, the fact that the damage cannot be completely corrected is something to think about at the starting point of how to learn restorative justice.

(Written by Meesook Lee, Reading Program Committee Member of NNKUMw, N. Georgia Conference KUMw Network, Bethany KUMC)

logo 제5회 학당 안내 "한국의 미국여선교사와 한인여선교회 역사"

5회 학당은 "한국의 미국여선교사와 한인여선교회 역사" 란 제목으로 이덕주 교수님 (전 감리교신학대학 한국교회사 교수)이 인도하실 예정입니다.

10 30(서부시간 오후 4-6중부시간 오후 6-8동부시간 오후 7-9시에 만나 뵙겠습니다.

등록비는 $20로 Zelle (Bank account: nnkumw93@gmail.com) or Check는 Pay to NNKUMW,

보내는 주소: Eunsoon Song 2 Henlopen Ct, Newark, DE 19711로 보내주시기 바랍니다.

감사합니다.

등록하기

김명래 총무
한인여선교회 전국연합회(NNKUMW)
914-473-7401 mrkim81@gmail.com /nnkumw93@gmail.com

logo 선교적 유산헌금

한인여선교회전국연합회의

선교적 유산을 이어 주세요!

한인여선교회가 조직되고 선교사역에 참여한지 올해 30년의 역사를 맞이합니다. 그동안 한인여선교회 회원들을 위한 지도자훈련과 우리의 딸들인 2세 한인여성들을 위한 지도자훈련을 함께 실시해 왔습니다. 또한 아시아에서 연합감리교회 여성들을 위한 지도자훈련을 실시하여 함께 배우고 나누고 성장해 왔습니다.
“여성이 여성을 도와 보다 나은 미래를 만든다”는 이념으로 평신도 여성지도자를 양성해온 믿음의 선배들은 물질과 기도와 헌신으로 위대한 여성 선교의 역사를 써내려왔습니다. 그분들이  ‘여성과 어린이와 청소년을 위한 선교’를 위해 남긴 위대한 선교적 유산을 우리가 이어가고자 합니다.
여러분의 정성어린 기부를 부탁드립니다.

@ 한인여선교회전국연합회는 501C 비영리기관입니다. 기부자는 세금공제를 받을 수 있습니다.
@ 기부 방법: Check Pay to NNKUMW
@ 보내는 장소:  Eun Soon Song, 2 Henlopen Ct, Newark, DE 19711
@ 문의: 김명래 총무 nnkumw93@gmail.com /  914-473-7401

(글:김명래 총무, 한인여선교회전국연합회)

Please help continue the Mission Legacy of NNKUMw!

This year marks 30 years of history since KUMW was organized and started participating in mission work. Since then, we have been holding leadership training for our KUMW members as well as our daughters, second-generation Korean women. Moreover, we have been learning, sharing and growing together through holding leadership training for UMW women in Asia.
Our seniors of faith have trained lay female leaders under the vision of "Women help fellow women to make a better future,” continuing to write the history of great women mission with offerings, prayers and dedication. We want to continue this great mission legacy they have left for us to do "missions for women, children and youth." Hence, we sincerely request for your donation.

*NNKUMw is a 501C nonprofit organization. Donors can receive tax deductions.

How to pay: Check Pay to NNKUMw
Pay to:  Eun Soon Song, 2 Henlopen Ct, Newark, DE 19711
Make any inquiries to: Myungrae K. Lee, Executive Director nnkumw93@gmail.com /  914-473-7401

Copyright © 2008 www.nnkumw.org National Network of Korean-American United Methodist women All rights reserved.
한인여선교회 전국연합회 연락처 : 57-38 Cloverdale Blvd., Oakland Gardens, NY 11364 • 전화 : 914-473-7401 • nnkumw93@gmail.com

발행인: 이성은 회장/김명래 총무/권오연 /한글교정-안영숙/영문번역-배예진/Web Master-김시춘

1. 21Jan
    by 웹마스터
    2022/01/21

한인여선교회 전국연합회 뉴스레터 2021년 12월호

Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31 Next
/ 31